Saturday, April 18, 2009

A little of this, a little of that

Mrs. Cat’s cooking tip of the day: When you’re mixing up the base for your stir-fry, add a little peanut butter to it and let it melt before you toss in your veggies. This is particularly tasty if you’re a fan of Thai food and don’t want to take the time to mix up a separate batch of satay.

Today’s random reminiscing: spending a whole car trip stretched out on the shelf in the back window of my dad’s Plymouth, reading a book.

I saw bats flittering around yesterday, and today I heard the first cicada. Spring is finally here. I’m hoping that tomorrow a bat will catch the cicada.

I’ve been getting a few more freelance jobs, which is good, but I haven’t gotten anywhere near the prices I’ve wanted for doing them, which ain’t. I’m hardly in a position to refuse work, but it annoys me that people have such low expectations as to what it should cost to do these things. Would you edit a 35,000 word book for less than $300? (I did turn that one down.)

I wish I’d made this:

No comments: