Monday, April 20, 2009

Isn’t that just the glass house calling the stone black

I got a call from a client today. It seems that even though I did some pro bono work for him, he still needed an invoice to file with his board of directors. As I was filling it out, it occurred to me that my invoices didn’t match my fee schedule sheet, which didn’t match my letterhead, which didn’t match…you get the point.

I just found it ironic that after yesterday’s post, I hadn’t even taken the time to do the basic design work to make sure all of my business documents looked like part of the same set. They were close, but...

Rest assured, that oversight has been corrected. All of the documents now have the same four fonts (deliberately and rationally chosen, thank you very much), the same layout, and the same design elements. The only exception is my brochure, which is getting updated soon, anyway, so I'll wait on that.

No comments: