Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Can You Keep a Secret?

The past couple of weeks, there’ve been rumors circulating on the internet about a major character on a popular television show that was going to commit suicide. It was going to be an out-of-the-blue shocker, and folks were putting forth their theories on who they thought it would be and why. Now, I only watch a few shows, so I was fairly sure I would miss it, and didn’t give it much thought.

As it happened, I missed all of my favorites this week while caught up in other things. I’ve been busy with some freelance work, so I haven’t even gotten a chance to peruse the web sites I usually go to. Grabbing a quick break, I went to one of the political sites I frequent to find out what people were complaining about today, and clicked on an article that caught my eye.

The fucking author had a spoiler about the suicide! And yes, it’s on one of the shows I watch.

I had been looking forward to catching up on my shows later on this week, but that’s completely ruined now. When I watch that episode, all I’ll be thinking is “When will it happen?”

I’d really like to slap that writer. You don't give away major surprises. Ever. Selfish bastard.


Grrrrrrrr.

No comments: