Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Doing our part to fight the recession

I’ve mentioned before that the palatial Cat estate (Bad Manors) is an older home. Consequently, we are updating sections as time/resources allow. The electrical systems were all replaced last summer, and we are now starting to tackle the plumbing. We had one company come out today to give us an estimate on the work we want done.

How much?”
He tells us again.
“I’m sorry…it sounded like you said - - - .”
He confirms it.
“No no…I didn’t want to buy any black tar heroin, I just want the faucet replaced.”
He circles the number.
“This is just to get the water heater to code? This doesn’t include any sex acts?”
The price goes up.
“We’ll let you know.”

Boy…am I in the wrong business.

***

You’re slipping, dear readers. I give you an awesome allusion and nobody mentions it. MacGyver worked for the Phoenix Foundation, and I used an “ashes” reference, and none of you caught it. tsk tsk tsk. The Pete thing was a gimme – the Free Space on your TeeVee Bingo card. Back to PopCulture 101 with the lot of you.

***

Speaking of MacGyver, Elle opines “you can't do ANYTHING with a paperclip, bubblegum and ducktape. Nothing.”

My first thought was to bend the clip into a hook, blow a bubble in the gum for a bobber, and tear the tape into strips for a line. Fishing pole.

My second thought was to straighten the clip and add a small ball of the gum to one end. Roll the tape into a tube. Blowgun.

I was sure there were many more options, so I asked the internet. Here’s what it had to say:

DogSoldier says:
Fuck you, NOOB!

TotalHottie97 says:
Your posts is most funny! Visit me and my friends at teendreemz.xxx!

YesWeCan976458751 says:
GOP=Hitler!!!!11!

Adbot says:
Get 90% off V1agra!

Toomuchfreetime says:
Who cares about mcguyver anyway their making a a-team movie hell yaeah!! They would kick macgyvers ass ther van was cooler than that stupid jeep he alwsys drove and they had guns.

So there you have it.

No comments: