Saturday, May 9, 2009

My New Catchphrase

You know those movies where the autistic kid is babbling, or making odd pictures, or otherwise communicating in a weird way, and once it’s been deciphered it turns out to be the vital clue that the hero needs to save the day?

Cub has a set of magnetic letters that he uses to practice the words he’s become familiar with, and we’ve gotten used to seeing them stuck to random appliances or filing cabinets. Today, I went to the fridge (my Happy Place, remember) and found this phrase:

FLAY THE PIG

No one else in the house has copped to putting it up there, and I’m not really sure what Cub is ordering us to do. Does he want bacon? Has he cracked the swine flu vaccine? Did he convert to Islam?

I’m keeping an eye out for any random boars in the neighborhood, just in case.
That reminds me of one of my most favoritest cartoons ever...

No comments: