Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Apparently I’m “It”

I’ve been neglecting dear Jales over at Barely Dressed. Seems she tagged me a couple of weeks ago and I missed it. Here are the rules:

RULE ONE, I have to grab one of the books closest to me, go to page 56, type the fifth line and the next two to five lines that follow.

RULE TWO, I have to pick five people who love books and who could receive the Bookworm award with honor.


And the result is:

“McNihil wondered if she had a name. He supposed he could give her one, something cute and temporary; it only had to last as long as whatever connection existed between them. Which was probably measurable in hours. If that, he thought glumly. She was the loveliest thing that had ever been inside the dark, cramped space of his working and living accommodations. Like some self-destructive flower that had bloomed there, begging to be crushed inside anyone’s fist.”

Noir - K.W. Jeter

Like Jales, I don’t have five other people I could tag, since most of my friends aren’t on Blogspot, but I’ll go ahead and shout out to Elle, Anise, and EX-PFC Wintergreen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eaters screaming as Hagrid blasted through thier circle.

"Hedwig--Hedwig--"

But the owl only lay motionless and pathetic as a toy on the floor of her cage. He could not take it in and the terror for the others were paramount.