I liked the idea, so I jumped on board. I intentionally refused to read any other participants' posts until I had done this one, because I didn't want to be influenced by their interpretation. That's the way cool thing with the blogging shenanigans - these little ideas take off and grow a thousand different ways. It's like kudzu, but it doesn't swallow telephone poles.
Any of my four readers are welcome to participate. You just have to add the links below to the bottom of your post and let us know to add yours to the list.
As they occurred to me:
Seven Windows of My Soul
1. Gothic - the dark things in my psyche. Rather than letting them plague my nights, I've made friends with them.
2. Porthole - the murky glimpses I get of future potential. (Yes, that is the Nautilus; the coolest submarine ever.)
3. Bay - watching my children grow and learn, and enjoying finding out who they are.
4. Stained Glass - appreciating created beauty, be it architecture, music, or art.
5. Ticket - travel, and the renewal of the spirit it brings.
6. Clerestory – the trust that Life’s not random, even though I can’t see through to the other side.
7. Bricked - the parts of my personality I don't like.
Other windows participants:
Jessica with Eleven Windows